My blog on pregnancy bed rest and complications

This blog is partly for me, as an outlet for enduring bed rest, partly for anyone with similar complications who stumbles upon this (since others blogs have helped me) and partly for friends and family to stay updated.

Warning - could be TMI - there will be talk of bleeding and anatomy

The quick summary is that I was on bed rest for marginal placenta abruption & marginal placenta previa. I was on bed rest at home for 6 weeks and on hospital bed rest for 10 days until I had an almost complete placenta abruption with full previa and was rushed to an emergency cesarean at 25 weeks to save both baby Jacob and myself. More details in the blogs......

Monday, September 13, 2010

Status change

The placenta is in bad shape. It is tearing and bleeding at the top of the placenta and not just at the bottom, as had been the case the last 7 wks. As the placenta tears more from uterus, baby gets less of what he needs to grow and develop. We are talking about days or maybe a week, rather than weeks or months. I am contracting, bleeding badly, on IVs and hoping to stabilize. Need your prayers now more than ever.




Jacob is 24 wks 5 days, still with strong heartbeat and has benefited from steroid shots. Please pray for our fighter to hang on inside me (every day counts) and pray for the nicu doctors who will care for him when he comes out early.